Click and drag the mouse
on the image to the left, right, up or down for 360 degree viewing.
To zoom in and out use the buttons on the bottom left.
The post office in Knutsford has moved many times
over the years and was last located in the Old Town Market Hall at
one end of Princess Street, before moving in 2003 to The Co-op further
along Princess Street. The building is now a combined post office
and furniture shop and it was here, in 1944, that General Patton made
the speech which became known as the Knutsford Incident. The building
itself is a fine example of Victorian Gothic architecture, designed
by Alfred Waterhouse and was financed by Lord Egerton.